The recent Westpac Small Business report suggests 43% of small businesses are unaware of the grants available and 78% say the grant process is too difficult to navigate. Only 17% said they have received a grant.
In this post Bruce Patten from Pattens Group provides a summary of recent government grants provided to startups and other organisations across Australia.
- The Australian Greens have announced a $2.2 Billion battery storage fund over 4 years, providing grants of up to $7000 per household battery.
- NSW Private and Catholic schools will receive $500m over 4 years in grants under the Building Grants Assistance Scheme, to build new classrooms in the areas of greatest need.
- CBA withdraws from $100m fight with ATO over R&D Tax Credits.
- The myGovID project has received a further $67.2 million in funding to accelerate development of a digital identity system to replace AUSkey.
- The Safer Communities Fund, previously available to just schools, preschools and community organisations will now fund security for Places of Worship with $55m available. Grants range from $50k to $1.5m.
- University of Queensland researchers have been awarded more than $7.6 million in grants as part of the Medical Research Future Fund’s Rare Cancers, Rare Diseases and Unmet Need Clinical Trials program.
- A $3.5 million grant will fund Mater Research Institute-UQ Director of Clinical Research Professor Maher Gandhi’s clinical trial of new cell-based immunotherapies for a rare sub-type of lymphoma.
- A $1.6 million grant will support a phase II immunotherapy clinical trial for patients with Merkel cell carcinoma, an aggressive form of skin cancer.
- A $2.3 million grant to Professor David Johnson the Centre for Health Services Research to trial the TEACH-PD training program for peritoneal dialysis patients and nurse trainers in Australia and New Zealand.
Dairy leaders are fighting to get the Victorian and Federal Government to provide grants to assist farmers’ suffering as a result of the drought. This is despite:
- Dairy Recovery Concessional Loans of only $55m of the $555m available being claimed at its closing on 31 October 2016
- Farm Finance, Drought, Drought Recovery and the Farm Business Concessional Loan Schemes of $245m being claimed by only 429 dairy farmers from 2015-18
- Armidale’s 3ME Technology has been awarded $739,750 from the Federal Government to develop a pilot production project specialising in heavy-duty lithium batteries for electric mining vehicles.
- The Walkley Foundation has offered grants from $2,500 to $10,000 for Australian freelance journalists—as individuals or small groups, for funding to support the production of public interest journalism either for a single story, or journalistic project.
- The NSW Event Development Fund is offering up to $50,000 funding for proven events in regional NSW, but it must be in its first or second year of activity.
- Applications for the 2018-19 Army History Research Grants Scheme resulted in 10 applicants being successful and receiving a total of $48,746 in government funding.
Written by Bruce Patten: With over 30 years’ experience claiming government grants, Bruce is regarded as the grants expert. He has a passion for helping business succeed. He has a long list of successful clients who have received the government funding they needed for research, development, management, commercialisation, exportation, small business support… and the list goes on.